1. What’s the room and who uses it? It’s the living room and everybody uses it.
Most often it’s me, my husband Nic & our sons Jackson (6) & Oscar (3).
2. What do you do for a crust?
I’ve recently started working for myself as an interior designer.
3. What goes on in the room?
Pretty much every aspect of family life, hanging out, watching tv or the fire in winter, listening to music, naps, lots of cuddles and fights too ;)
4. Favourite piece in the room and why?
It’s a first equal between the Caroline Walls print and the Denholm vase. Architecturally it’s the fireplace for sure as it’s transforms the room into a dreamy, serene space in winter. The kids love it so much.
5. Anything on your wish list that you would love to add to the space?
My wish list for art is never ending, but I’ve been hanging out for the perfect rug that can withstand my kids & still look pretty so I think that’s at the top of my list at the moment.
6. What do other people say when they see your room for the first time?
Most people who walk into the space tell us we have an amazing home or something equally kind. I think that it’s mostly due to the generous space and great sense of flow the main living area has. The period details on the ceiling and the fireplace are pretty wonderful as well.
7. Why do you love this room?
As it’s open plan, it is truly the heart of our home, where most of the action or relaxing takes place. It’s generous enough in size to house a bunch of our friends so it’s nice to host in. Aesthetically, it holds a number of sentimental pieces that have been made or given to us by family – it’s slowing becoming a beautiful room that I love coming home to.
8. What’s one lovely memory you have whilst being in the room?
Ohhh there are so many really. Probably seeing our three year old hold his three day old brother for the first time on the couch, all snuggled up and loved up. There are so many beautiful memories that have been made in this space.
Click here to follow Jana on Instagram.