1. What’s the room and who uses it?
It is my daughter, Matisse’s bedroom. She is almost one and a half.
2. What do you do for a crust?
Freelance graphic design
3. What goes on in the room?
Lots of sleeping (I don’t want to jinx it) and we love reading and playing in here. My favourite thing in the whole world are children’s books!
4. Favourite piece in the room and why?
The wallpaper – it was definitely love at first sight. A French illustrator, Nathalie Lete, is the artist. The wall is 10cm bigger than the wallpaper so I had a lot of back and forth trying to source the right size. I finally found a company in Paris who could custom print it. It was a definite extravagance but well worth it! It is like a secret garden.
5. Anything on your wish list that you would love to add to the space?
A doll house for when she is older would be fun!
6.Describe the room in three words. Magical, Dreamy and Fun
7. Why do you love this room?
I love all the bits and pieces that I have chosen for Matisse and that friends and family have gifted. Each one is special! And I love how the room is changing slowly as she grows.
8. What’s one lovely memory you have whilst being in the room?
This room used to be my son’s (he is now 3 1/2 years old), so I have great memories of him being a baby in here. When it was his room it looked completely different! We had yellow dot stickers on the wall which we put up using a projector (but that’s another story!).