1. What’s the room and who uses it?
My living room and I mean ‘living’! It’s my bedroom, lounge room and office. It’s mine and only mine.
2. What do you do for a crust?
Creative services director in an advertising agency.
3. What goes on in the room?
Sleeping, thinking, journaling, singing, reading, meditating, talking, nurturing, eating and observing life through the lens of the internet.
4. Favourite piece in the room and why?
My butterflies, Derek and Darrell.
5. Anything on your wish list that you would love to add to the space?
A vintage oriental wall divider and more taxidermy.
6. What do other people say when they see your room for the first time?
“It’s very Mel!”
7. Why do you love this room?
When I walk into this room I feel loved, at peace, chuffed and attracted to its beauty. It’s everything I visualised years ago, but never had the opportunity to make happen.
8. What’s one lovely memory you have whilst being in the room?
When friends visit they always sit in the teal velvet chair and for some reason that makes me happy.